As I previously mentioned, my family means everything to me. These pictures remind me of how they has impacted my life and how thankful I am to call them family. Without their love and support, I wouldn't be the person or teacher I am today.
Welcoming Families From Around the World
This scenario happened to me four years ago when I was teaching a prekindergarten class. The child and his family had recently moved to America from Russia. Although I knew where the country was located, I did not know many other details. I did not think about preparing myself prior to the child/family beginning at the school because there were children from other countries who seem to fit right in and acclimate well to the program. Plus, there always seemed to be a staff member from that country or know enough about a country of origin to offer support and/or insight. With this particular family, the only person who spoke some English was the child's father, so communication was difficult. In addition, nobody on staff could offer any strategies to help communication. If this were to occur again, which I am sure it will, I would prepare myself differently than before. If possible, I would invite the child and his/her family t...
Your family pictures are beautiful, Trisha! Family is so important, and you are lucky to have them as your support!
ReplyDelete